Friday, December 2, 2011

From the Mouth of a Goon

Inspired by my sister's growing list of things that that sweetiedoll Iris (my youngest niece and Olive's favored playmate) is saying lately, I'm going to compile my own for Olive to date (she was a late bloomer as far as talking goes, so these things are big news to us still):

I'us (Iris)
Ahguh (Abigail)
Djack (Jack)
Kell
Mimi
Pop Pop
moose
mouse
horse
house
deer
b'fy (butterfly)
boot
shoe
sock
dog
jeans
coat
juice
apple
nurse
owl
stick
waddie (water)
mole
Pappa/Pappas
Mamma/Mammas (she'll sometimes pluralize these for reasons unknown. It's adorable and makes her name for Rob sound Greek)
Neen (what I call Nina)
Ayux (Alex)
Noh (Noah)
Doug
Cheeyos
beebee (baby)
pie
potato
pamamas (pajamas)
soup
cackie (cracker)
ohmeah (oatmeal)
Tistie (Thirstie - her diaper cover)
yeaf (leaf)
book
fox
piggie
ki'i (kiwi)
cwock (clock)
yogi (yogurt)
nucky (monkey)
'innow (window)
Buggy
Ahma come up (signifying her desire to climb up onto the couch or bed to be with us)
Come on
Bye-bye (to Papa, Mamma, shoes, 'arry, Kim, etc.)
Nuh-night



And my favorite word of all was inspired by Richard Scarry: the green-suited pig who is forever chasing his wind-swept hat, Mr. Frumble. To Olive he is simply a garbled Fhrummew. She can't be bothered with proper titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment