Monday, January 24, 2011

When in Picksburgh...

That's right. The Stillers (yes, Mom, this is the way it's spelled here in Pittsburgh, and you've got to figure these folks know best) made it through their final hoop last night and are Super Bowl-bound. Rob came home from the aviary yesterday telling me how one of his fellow interns had a ticket to the game but didn't really feel like going and sitting in the cold. He would've demanded she fork over the coveted ticket (he'd give nearly anything to go to a game; if I were a big-shot artist and had loads of dough to spend on treats for my beloved, a Steelers ticket would be one of the first things I'd give him) if he didn't mind sitting for hours with her boyfriend's family. He did mind, however, and got to watch ol' Black 'n Gold defeat the Jets on my laptop in the warmth and comfort of our kitchen. I have to say that it was pretty great to see them win; after hearing tales from my sis about houses set ablaze, cars turned onto their tops and schools having 2-hour delays the following morning, I was itching to see dem Stillers make it to the Super Bowl while we're living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment