Monday, January 3, 2011

Highland Park, We're Yours (Crisis Evaded!)

It's really amazing the way things work out. I'd gotten myself a tad worked up over my debate about 420 School Street in Verona, PA; even in my dream I cornered Rob because we hadn't spent much time discussing the situation. He left for the aviary early this morning, though, so there was no time to talk it over with one another, but as I went about my day I kept feeling like the benefits of living in an inexpensive apartment - with an organ! - in a suburb of Pittsburgh were being outweighed by our ever-growing love of Highland Park. Highland Park is lovely. I adored it when we first arrived four and a half months ago, and my admiration for it has only increased, and this is home. Still, out of courtesy for our landlady, I sent her an e-mail to give her the heads-up about our potential move. She replied soon after, telling me that her father, who owns the house, had just decided that he'd be willing to accept a lower rent amount than he was asking for the soon-to-be-available front two-bedroom apartment. I had time to view the space before going to work, so I popped over to survey the space, and boy was it nice! Like, nice-nice. It was hard for me to believe that the two apartments occupied the same floor of the same house. Lots of nice details - high ceilings, a decorative green-tiled fireplace, dark wood moulding, little built-in shelves, a stained glass window, and ample counter space in the kitchen that is practically begging to have dough kneaded upon it (I haven't baked bread - a thrice-weekly activity - since we lived in Maine). As if this weren't enough, we could hardly ask for an easier move. The tenant is moving to Maryland, and as soon as she clears out her belongings and has the carpet cleaned, we're in! And the only thing that will change will be our apartment number. Check it, and please bear in mind that these pictures are strictly utilitarian and don't do the place justice. More to come, once it becomes Chez Cramer...



I'm not in love with the wall color in the kitchen. Good thing the landlords are down with us painting! And get a load of the double sink!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news, Heather. It looks sweet. Now there will be no icky commute and you get to stay in your beloved Highland Park! Life has a funny way of working out, yes?

    ReplyDelete