Friday, January 28, 2011

Hat



Lookie here! It's the little baby boy hat that I finished today on my down time at work. Thanks, Deb, for helping me work through my many mistakes. I plan to give this to my newest nephew who is due in a month and will need a hat to keep his noggin warm during those cold Alaskan winters (and summers, for that matter). I'm going to work up a matching piece - a scarf, sweaters, or booties, depending on which is most successful. 


Speaking of work, tomorrow will be the second BYDtW day (Bring Your Daughter to Work); today Rob had an interview for an education position at the zoo (went very well) and tomorrow he's going back for a job fair just in case he finds something more appealing than doing conservation education (but he's more than okay with that). Having her strapped to me in the Ergo is cool for a couple of hours, but no more than that; she's a goon on the move and gets antsy after that much time. If today's sales were any indication, though, Cosimano e Ferrari would do well to hire her on as an adjunct employee since a large portion of the product I sold today was done before Rob came to fetch her. That her name is Olive is a tad gimmicky - most folks assume I'm the owner or at least the brains behind the operation, so I have to explain that my daughter's name and career choice were purely coincidental.

And Monday be movin' day! Yesterday morning I was greeted by the sweet, melodious sounds of a moving crew, up and at 'em in the front apartment. I never thought she'd get out, but I believe she'll be out as of tomorrow, and I get the privilege of letting in the cleaning crew on Monday. It gives me peace of mind knowing that we'll be occupying a freshly- and professionally-cleaned apartment, even if it doesn't stay that way for long once we've moved into it.

Last noteworthy tidbit: we have a walking goon on our hands! That's right - she's mobile. Not graceful, mind you, and probably never will be if her parents have anything to do with it, but over the past couple of days she's taken her first fumbling steps. She stands pretty well, then moves her little legs, tottering towards me and finishes with a playful crash into my arms. She hasn't attempted this feat without someone else there to catch her.  No pictures yet to back this up, but in time...

No comments:

Post a Comment