Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marathon Eve with Pop Pop





Well, here goes! I'm feeling well, free of any aches and pains, the forecast for tomorrow predicts a diverse array of weather patterns that should keep the race interesting, and I'm heading off to bed. At 5:50 am, the "Half Marathon Party Van" is picking me up on my corner (they're making an exception for me, thankfully), so I'll be bringing a book with which to entertain myself for the hour before the 7:00 start. My father is here in Pittsburgh, which is always a treat. He met me at work then drove me home, visited with Olive and dined with us on some tomato basil red pepper fettuccine I bought at our pasta stand. With a belly full of pasta and popcorn (Rob and I just watched the final episode of Twin Peaks, a show that left a lot of loose ends untied, not to mention a pretty awful taste in my mouth. All in all a perplexingly entertaining show, but that's the early '90s and David Lynch for you!), I am retiring, ready for all that tomorrow has to offer. This time tonight I'll be finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment