Wednesday, May 18, 2011

B'More or Bust!

My nostalgia-induced desire, when I was visiting Maryland last month, to run the Baltimore Marathon this fall was legit. Three days after the big race I'm psyching myself out about hitting the streets again for another 42.195K jog. I figure that I might as well keep going when I'm already in the habit of running some longer distances - why start over again? And I am a sucker - an absolute sucker! - for that course and that time of year. A long run through my home state during my favorite month of the year when the air is crisp and clean (relatively speaking; it is Baltimore, after all) is hard to resist, especially when I felt so good after this last race. The day afterwards I was tempted to go out for a leisurely run with Olive round the neighborhood (though I did not. The rains have kept us housebound most of this week), which said a great deal about how my body recovered; in years past I was nearly immobilized, particularly when it came to descending stairs, for the next two days. So yes, I am going to register for the October 15th race and work hard this summer to get down to a sub-5 hour time. I think it's totally doable.

No comments:

Post a Comment