Friday, May 27, 2011

An Evening with the Avetts

Taking full advantage of our urban locale and no longer being complete and utter paupers, Rob and I are treating ourselves to more and more live music. Last night was an evening with the Avett Brothers (not to mention about a quarter of Pittsburgh's under-35 smoking demographic). I'd been dubious about the crowd prior to going and my suspicions were confirmed, but it was a wonderful performance, nonetheless. Into the final leg of the show I got used to the cloud of noxious fumes and gave in, recalling the summers of 2002 and 2003 where I spent the majority of my off-work hours with Elaine, an old friend who blew through packs of Camels like they were her lifeblood. I hadn't been around so much secondhand smoke since then, so it was an adjustment, but leaving the venue was my only solution, and missing out on the show didn't seem worth it. I suffered for the cause, you could say. For those of you who are down with it, enjoy some vicarious clips:



Our sweet Katrina came and watched Olive for us and Rob came and picked me up from work. The Goon was more than happy to see him go and be left to wile away the evening with her pal. It's nice for the two of us to get out alone every once and a while. He's a sweet date, that Rob Cramer.

No comments:

Post a Comment