Saturday, September 18, 2010

Working Girl

Day Two of my new position at the Cosimano e Ferrari Olive Oil Company.  I love it.  It's busy, the customers are really nice (and provide a great people-watching experience), the bosses, Larry and Kim, are great, the environment is vivacious and bustling, and the products I'm hawking are seriously good - we're talking stuff like basil-infused olive oil mixed with a peach balsamic vinegar (that won a Sofi Award - the gourmet foods industry's equivalent of an Oscar).  I get to spend hours mixing up concoctions like red apple balsamic-and-garlic olive oil, wild cherry balsamic-and-lemon olive oil, blueberry balsamic-and-mandarin olive oil... and on and on.  Then I get other people to try it and the stuff flies off the shelves.  Fun.  Needless to say, I think this job's going to work out.

After work today I went to interview for an after school child care position in my neighborhood.  It's sort of like a mother's helper job, in that I'll also be doing shopping, laundry, and other odds and ends for the family.  What's really great about this job is that it will allow Olive to be with me, which is huge.  The family seems really sensible and they share similar values with me.  I start the job on Monday at 4; Alex, their youngest at seven, gets home first, then Nina, eleven, then Noah, thirteen.  They want me to help them with homework, piano (which Rob needs to tune), french, prepare snacks, and occasionally take them to school or sporting events.  This all sounds like a blast to me and I can't wait to start.  For my first jobs post-Olive, I think I've scored myself some pretty sweet gigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment