Saturday, September 11, 2010

Coming Back to Cloth

It seems like we've been using disposable diapers 4-eva, as they were most convenient when traveling to Alaska, then to Maine, then to Pittsburgh, where we were (and still are) without laundry in our building.  Our house's washer and dryer were delivered on Wednesday or Thursday, yet they still sit, unhooked-up, in the basement.  I also don't like the looks of the coin slots, but Rob reminded me that that doesn't mean they're necessarily coin-operated.  True enough.  Olive and I have gone over to the Ryan's house twice to use their washer and dryer, but I certainly don't want to take advantage of this, especially since we want to get back to using cloth diapers for the obvious reasons (to cut costs and waste, not to mention that it's much healthier for Olive).  I decided that we were not above hand washing our dear one's nappies, so I looked into the process, and we're going to get started on it today.  For those interested, I found this site encouraging and helpful.  All we need is to get back to Prestogeorge's for some bulk chamomile tea to brew up our wipe solution we love so much.  And some rubber gloves to make the job less yuck.  How glad we'll be to get Buggy back into the cotton prefolds; I'd about had it with the disposable diapers and wipes...so much trash!

No comments:

Post a Comment