Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Things Are Looking Up

Not that things were ever looking too down, but it's nice to know that money will be coming in soon.  Yesterday was my first day with the Khorey kids, and it went really well.  I was able to bring our laundry to do (my biggest complaint with laundering in the bathtub is that wringing the water out of everything blisters my hands) while I waited for the kids to get home.  Olive buzzed around on the living room floor (she just began crawling a few days ago, and not just the creeping she'd been doing before; she's figured out the hand-knee coordination for forward motion and is on the move) and enjoyed the company of Nina.  I fixed the kids some of the chicken noodle soup that was in the fridge, and their dad, Doug, got home a little after six.  My laundry was still drying by that time, so we hung out with the kids, Doug, and Doug's dad - a delightfully cheerful man who had Olive's attention the entire time we were around him.  I needed to stop by Trader Joe's for a few things before heading home, so Nina accompanied a sleepy Olive and me, we dropped her off, collected our laundry, then joined Rob at home.

Oh, and I got a call from the co-op yesterday, just as I was leaving for the Khoreys' house; they offered me a full-time position, which I just turned down.  A little too late, I told them.  Plus, the pay wasn't going to be as good, nor was I going to be able to keep Olive with me, so it was an easy decision.  

She just went down for a nap, and when she wakes up we're going for our thrice-weekly lunch at the zoo with Rob.  I'm really enjoying our visits with him and the gorillas; they're constant entertainment, and I'm getting to know each of their personalities.  Rob's pretty lucky to get to work with them, and we're hoping that this internship leads to a job working primarily with these fascinating primates.

No comments:

Post a Comment