Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meant to Be

Yesterday we made our way down to the Strip District for some teas (Sleep Tight for restful nights and chamomile for Olive's wipes), produce for a large soup I'll probably make later today, and to inquire about a job with the Cosimano e Ferrari Olive Oil Company.  I'd seen a post on craigslist and e-mailed to express my interest and got an e-mail back letting folks know that they could come by anytime Saturday between 9 and 5 to interview.  While Rob and Olive found a seat and waited, I strolled over to the booth and sampled some olive oil with a splash of red apple balsamic vinegar, then told the man I was interested in a job.  He brought me over to be interviewed by his wife, Kim, who was eating sushi, clearly on a break.  I described for her the e-mail that I'd sent so she could identify me, and when I mentioned that I had a young daughter, she said, "Olive?"  I added this bit of information in the e-mail because I figured it would only help my case, and it turns out I was right.  She told me she felt like it was "meant to be" when she read that, I was given a t-shirt and hat, and I start at 8 am on Friday.  Given the ease with which I was hired for the job, I have a good feeling about it.  Kim and Larry, her husband, were both very friendly and down to earth, and were very kind to Rob and Olive when I brought them around to meet them.  I'll only be working Fridays and Saturdays, but the hours are longer - 8-7 - so that will help.  Plus, it's in a bikeable location, just over four miles away.  I still have an interview with a mother in my neighborhood on Tuesday for an after school child care position, so things are looking more up than they were a week ago, for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment