Friday, September 9, 2011

Mural Progress

Thanks to my encouraging and always wonderful Rob, I've been able to bang out some evenings of painting in the back studio (Rob will chat with me or we'll listen to Seinfeld reruns or he'll watch football). My deadline for this mural is less than a month away, but I work best under pressure. It's been a real relief to find out how quickly this project moves; this shot was taken after about three hours of painting.

I'd say I'm in pretty good shape. The piece includes another panel to the right and another full row higher, as well as two additional panels the go over a doorway and six to the far side, but those will have far less information and thus less work. I was actually dreading the ark itself, but that's proving to be a much less daunting task than I'd worried it would be. Still loads more hours to put into this job, but I'll get there.

My favorite part of the piece is the pair of lemurs, those white patches, particularly the one captured in mid-leap.


2 comments: