Saturday, December 11, 2010

Overworked and Underrested

Don't misunderstand the title; I am not (yet) at my wits' end. I'm just feeling especially tired right now, though the fruits of our "Extinction" method (versus "Gradual Extinction" where parents slowly eliminate their tending to a fussy baby at night or naptimes)- of getting Olive to sleep through the night are finally starting to show themselves. Since I'll be out of work for over a week during the holidays, I'm picking up extra hours wherever I can (including babysitting my sweetlings, Jack and Gail, this evening while Kellie, Mike, and wee Iris went to a church meeting). Aside from the fact that I'm beginning to feel like an absentee mother, all of this working wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have six paintings to complete (some of which need to be started) before Christmas. Eek. I also have a tendency to want to take on other projects, like painting our living room and learning to knit a sweater...then I realize that Christmas is two weeks away and I'd better shelve these things of lesser importance and do what needs to be done, and it will. I'm just thankful every day that I can avoid daycare and babysitters by having such a wonderful husband who cares for Olive every bit as well as I can, and does so on a daily basis, and she loves him for it, too. She's one lucky goon to have a father like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment