Thursday, December 30, 2010

Never Wake a Sleeping Goon

This has become my motto as of late. While I could've waited until Saturday to post this, as it will (fingers crossed!) mark the two-week milestone of Olive sleeping through the night, I'm choosing to share my joy today. Why not? I mean, it's a pretty significant triumph that we were able to shove off on a breakneck two-states-in-four-nights Christmas spree that left her healthy sleep progress blessedly unscathed. I was prepared to have to start back at Square One the night we returned...not so!
This was all the Christmas gift I could want. She is doing great, if not growing a mite too quickly. She once again managed to dodge the sickness that clung to cousin Iris like grim death. I've got to hand it to that one, though - with her already-tiny nostrils completely clogged, her breath so ragged it calls to mind the bleating of a young lamb, and her reddened face drenched with fluids from every facial orifice, she remains one of the most pleasant and sweet-faced babes I've ever seen. Just saying her name causes an enormous wide-mouthed grin to spread across her face. Sweetiedollll. Olive loves her younger cousin. Thank goodness we'll be in Pittsburgh for the foreseeable future and those two can become thick as thieves.

As much as I dislike flash photography, I'm having to resort to it for some shots, as I'm not able to get a clear enough image with the dim lighting in our apartment. Sometimes you have to pay the price for crisp edges. Folks, I give you the Goon modeling, quite fashionably, an Alaskan-made fleece-and-feathers number, a gift from Grandma Cramer.





No comments:

Post a Comment