Thursday, December 16, 2010

Have I Mentioned...

...how big a fan I am of EC? Yes, our gal's been doing it, pooing in the toilet. There are few things in life I love more than not having to clean a very soiled cloth diapers. I also suspect that this early relationship with the commode may promote early toilet training, though I could be totally wrong.

Our week is winding down rapidly, and soon it will be Christmas. I'm really looking most forward to Christmas Eve, though - quite possibly my favorite day of the year. I love the busyness of that day. Nine years ago, and nearly every December 24th since, I've spent helping last-minute shoppers (mostly bewildered men) select baubles and pretties for their loved ones at Amaryllis, the best little jewelry store there is. And even though I haven't officially been employed by those dear and lovely ladies, Allie and AnnMarie, since I moved to Maine over three years ago, they still let me come back to help out for old times' sake. Then I go to my parents' house, we eat dinner (I miss the years back in the early '00s when we'd get takeout from Hunan Gourmet in Frederick), then go to church, usually the service where my dad sings in the choir. When we get home, I go up to see my oldest friend, Natalie, at her parents' house in our old neighborhood for their annual Christmas Eve party. This year will be our twentieth Christmas together. Cool, huh? I love her.
Our plans for this week: working at the Khoreys until late tonight - 10 or 11 or so - working at Cosimano e Ferrari tomorrow morning, followed by a visit that deserves it: my college roommate of four years, Sam, her husband Howard, and their 3 month-old doll of a son, Grant, who I'll be meeting for the first time. He's our first pick for Olive. Saturday is more olive oiling and lots and lots of painting, Sunday we're having Rob's gorilla supervisor, Roseann, over for dinner (she doesn't eat meat or white flour, so the meal promises to be deelish) as a thank you for taking on Rob as an intern, then Zoe comes. We'll spend the next four days here in Pittsburgh amusing ourselves and showing Zoe around "the big city", before heading to Maryland late on the 23rd. It's going to be a good time, if not completely exhausting.

Here are some shots from this morning's activities. The goon has been stuffing her craw full of Cheerios to beat the band. Who can blame her, as I'm an oat gal myself.




Her new favorite toy this week: the paint roller. She can't get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment