Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Meeting that Deserved It



Last night the Fiddys - Sam, Howard, and Grant - came for dinner, and more importantly, to introduce our children. I will say this: I have never in my life seen a cuter pair with their round, bald heads (well, Olive's moving father and farther away from that with her soft, wispy strands filling in) and darling faces. Also, I can rest assured that this kid will be bright (they'll probably tell him he's "wicked smaht"!), talented, and, best of all, funny. Granted, people can change, but he's got a real boost coming from parents who are well-educated, aren't drug-addicts, and don't burn their garbage. A perfect match for our goon. We sat around and had dinner on the living room floor while Olive carefully and curiously poked, prodded, and stroked Grant's face. He was a great sport. Our fingers are all crossed that the little seed that was planted can flourish in about twenty years. Fine by me!











I really love this family!  If Sam is half the mother-in-law that she was a roommate, Olive has it made.

No comments:

Post a Comment