Thursday, December 23, 2010

AAAAAHHH!!!!!

Welp, we're not going to Maryland tonight, after all. I'm eating my 90 cent Family Dollar linguine, checking off items on my List of Things to Not Forget to Bring to Maryland, and Rob and Zoe have gone to Games N'At, a South Side arcade painted the most horrific shade of purple with a bizarro Bart Simpson mural on the facade. Cla-ssy. As soon as Ben took us by there when we moved here, we knew it would be right up Zoe's alley, and she's been itching like mad to get there since she arrived. It'd been closed all week and this evening was her one opportunity to get her Ski-Ball on, so I said Maryland could wait till the morn to see our shining faces.

There's something that I've been wanting to share, but have been a little afraid to do so, for fear that I will jinx myself and the positively splendid sleep schedule that my daughter has adopted. In my last post I talked about Grant and our sweet visit with the Fiddys. Well, something must've happened to the Goon, because each and every night since then she has slept through the night, or at least for a solid eight hours. BEAUTIFUL! I've been practically bouncing off the walls with my newfound energy. Since it's been six nights in a row, I felt like tooting my gal's horn just a wee bit. Lord knows she deserves it! And I don't expect her to maintain this while we're away, so I'm basking in it while I can before it all comes crashing down and we have to rebuild once we return. Now that I've seen the fruits of our efforts, I'm so encouraged!

Yesterday she turned 10 months old. Alex, the youngest of the Khoreys, alerted me last night at 6:26, the exact time of her birth, to give props, dear boy. Those kids are all so sweet with her. Noah, the oldest, had three friends over last night to rehearse for a Battle of the Bands competition, and he all but ignored the other 13 year-olds in favor of doting on Goonface. Hard to blame him, though. Her eighth tooth is beginning to spring forth next to her two middle bottom teeth, making four on each story. She's eating her weight in solids now, it seems. When I got home from work this evening Rob and Zoe informed me that she had eaten a full pound of pureed fruits and vegetables, and a bunch of Cheerios. Last night she polished off all but two bites of a banana. That she'll soon be turning a year old is a difficult idea for me to process. What happened to this year? She is delightful, but I wish I could keep her at each of her different stages, because they've all been wonderful.
Ahhh, what did I ever do before I fell in love with a goon?




1 comment:

  1. know exactly where games n'at is-- mike says he always wanted to stop there. bah!

    so good to hear olive's sleep is improving-- makes SUCH a difference!

    see yinz sooon! the kids are stoked to see olive ('spechy gail)

    (like your new background- i was going to pick it, but the hoffmanns already had it- fits you better anyway)

    ReplyDelete