Monday, May 14, 2012

Bedtime for Buggy

This morning I decided to let Olive have a go at sleeping in a bed for her morning nap.  We'd noticed her gathering blankets and cozying up in our own bed enough times for me to think that she may, perhaps, enjoy the transition from crib to railless mattress.  So in we went, gathering a few of her favorite crib friends and Blue Blanket, and got into the twin bed that's in her room.  I like this setup far more because it allows me to lay beside her as she's winding down.  I can sing to her with our faces almost touching, her eyes staring intently at mine, instead of hovering a few feet above her the way I used to.  The first run was not smooth, but it normally takes her a while to fall asleep during the day which is why we weren't surprised to hear her pulling at her door then plinking away at the piano a few times.  I wondered if she might rather be in her crib, but we wanted her fall asleep in there when she was ready, which she did.  Tonight she was excited to turn in and gave in without the slightest protest, even telling me she loved me without me prompting her.  How I adore that child.

No comments:

Post a Comment