Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Birthday, Gail-Bird!


That cupcake there? Best I've ever had. Kellie made these banana cakes with sliced strawberries on top that looked like butterfly wings. Even the frosting, of which I'm hardly ever a fan and winds up being scraped into the garbage, was delectable. Good work, Boot.

Today my first niece turned three. I like how Kellie's kids' birthdays are all within a month and a half of each other - it certainly makes it easy. Gail got to pick the guests to invite to her birthday outing to My Little Outback, and she chose to invite the Wards (the Ryans' good friends who have three little girls close in age to Kellie's kids) and Olive. As her caretaker I got to go along, too; an invitation by proxy is still an invite, I say! All of the kids really seemed to enjoy MLO and its plethora of toys and entertainment, though Jack was less than impressed by the place's "socks only" policy. Since we were unaware of this rule ahead of time, socks had to be purchased there (very tricky of them, but great way to pull in revenue. Kudos). Like Jack, Olive is a very independent player and explorer. When on a mission to take care of the serious business of playing, Olive wants nothing to do with me. I reach out for her hand to guide her, she deflects my grasp and runs off. She had a grand time, though. So did all of the kids, but especially the birthday girl. Happy third year, Gail!

See this? There's the solution to our problem. Looks just like Ché but it can presumably keep its bodily functions in check.


Though she took a passing interest in the myriad of dolls (in a rainbow of racial profiles, no less!) that floated around the toy corral, she was far more captivated by the trucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment