Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sleepless Morning

Yesterday Buggy was out cold for the majority of the day. Literature I've read on babies her age say that she should nap for no more than four hours during the day but, as we were busy with early-stages packing, putting items on ebay, and preparing a green curry for dinner, we let her sleep, figuring she must need it with all the growing she's doing. We put her to bed between 9 and 10, after she'd been napping in her Cocoon Sleeper for a while, and she slept soundly until nearly 4 am. When I pulled her into bed with us to sleep, her eyes stayed closed as she gave one of her silly, arched-back and duck-faced stretches (one day I'll capture this on camera). When she did wake, however, not long after family-bed time, she was up for good. Why we decided to go to bed at 2 o'clock is unclear; we simply weren't tired. Have I not been told to sleep when she's sleeping? No matter, though. This morning since I've been up and out of bed, I've been enjoying her company as I breakfast and do the laundry. She's been all coos, squeals and giggles as she amuses herself with the variety of sounds she's able to produce. This is a wonderful stage, even if her sleep schedule is a little bit off.

No comments:

Post a Comment