Monday, May 3, 2010

Growth spurt

For the last month or so, we've had Buggy on a pretty strict every-four-hours feeding schedule that was working out pretty well. Since last week's frenectomy, she's been nursing more, with varying degrees of success; sometimes she'll suck like a champ, while other times we wind up with more milk running down my pants and onto the bed than down her gullet. Frustrating. So right now we're about half-and-half with the bottle feeding and nursing. I was beginning to think that the unmonitored amounts from nursing meant that she wasn't getting as much as she needed, as she'd show signs of hunger much sooner than before, but when we tested out this theory by feeding her with the bottle more during the day, we found that she's simply requiring feedings far more often than before. I've decided to abandon the routine - at least for right now - and give her what she wants when she wants it. Judging by her ill-fitting clothes, she's in the throes of a massive growth spurt. Yesterday morning I was trying to cram her feet and legs into her "chickie suit" - a favorite of ours (lime green footies with a pink and purple chick pattern) - and realized that it was on its last go-round. Suddenly I've found myself trying to outfit her for the day, only to fold up the garment and toss it in the giveaway bag that's quickly filling.



Oh, and no tub baths for her until we conquer the Clog to Beat All Clogs; until very recently, our tub drain was working like a charm until BAM - no longer. No sooner had Rob commented on the smoothly-running drain than it was stopped up like you wouldn't believe. Ten hours since I showered this morning, and the tub's just as full as when I left it. I can only attribute this to my hormones letting go of the hair my scalp had been hanging onto for dear life since June. I knew that two to three months postpartum, women often begin to lose more hair. If this is indeed the case, I must be losing it by the bucketful, as my soda-and-vinegar home remedy, a bottle of Dran-O, stockpots full of boilling water, and plunging all failed to open the floodgates. Disgusting. Not quite sure what to do at this point...

No comments:

Post a Comment