Friday, July 27, 2012

We're Going to Europe!

It's such a feeling of relief when plane tickets have been purchased.  We decided that this year we'll celebrate our two-days-apart birthdays in Europe.  It's been over ten years since I've traveled across the Atlantic, this will be Rob's first trip, and I was itching to go (due in no small part to my sister-in-law, Schelly's recent trip to Germany and Austria, and the last month I've spent with my nose in John Irving books, many of which take place in Vienna).  So we're taking off for Dublin, the cheapest entrance from the US, spending a little time in Ireland and other spots in the UK, then moving over to the mainland where we'll enjoy the rest of our trip in Paris, Salzburg, Vienna, and Prague.  I'm excited to say the least.  What's happening with Olive, you ask?  She's coming with us, of course!  Our week without her in California was trying for me, so I'm not about to do it again, doubling the time away and taking away the convenience of a domestic phone call.  She probably won't remember much of the trip except through photographs, but I'm sure she'll enjoy herself while she's there.  I'm just hoping to not experience a similar flight scenario as my friend, Sam.

3 comments:

  1. Dear GAWD I wouldn't wish an angry flight baby on my worst enemy!! Is it a night flight? Hopefully by October, when she's over two-and-a-half and even more able to communicate and occupy herself, she'll be just fine. Plus she'll have her own seat, and OMAC doesn't strike me as the type who needs to sprint up and down the aisle to be entertained...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, fortunately it is a night flight. I think it'll be okay, really. She's looking forward to it, and knows full well what will happen to her should she decide to lose it.

    ReplyDelete