Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Very Special Day at the Zoo

This was probably the sweetest zoo trip ever for our family, and just when I think Rob can't do more to impress me and remind me of why I chose him, we have a morning like this one. Olive was in rare form, in desperate need of a nap, and burst into tears each time I prevented her from following a zoo employee through a closing door, getting nose-to-nose with Cliff, the alligator, reaching out to pet Penelope, the porcupine, or poking her fingers inside the cage of a snap-happy owl (with a bloody and beheaded mouse at its feet, no less). But no matter. This trip was meant specifically for Jack. Kellie sums it up best in her thoughtful and witty blog post. For the full story complete with photographs of our privileged tour, wander over to her site (and take a look at some of her adorable knits. When I complimented Jack on his store-bought vest this morning and asked to borrow it, he suggested I make my own. I could hardly blame him; his wonder of a mother makes - or can make - practically anything).

And it goes without saying that I'd like my own pet kinkajou now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish I could! You're too kind.

    We had a wondrous time yesterday-- we are glad you married such a dope fella.

    ReplyDelete