Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beautiful November

Until this year November wasn't one of my favorite months. I've always remembered it as being brown, dreary, chilly, and a threat of the coming winter, with the few bright spots being Thanksgiving and my mother's birthday. This November, however, has been glorious. Already over a third of the way through the months, we've enjoyed mostly sunny and warmer than usual days with the fall leaves peaking. I have to say that I was disappointed with the color in October, the month when things usually are at their most beautiful, so I was in for a belated treat this last week. The golden hues have been breathtaking but I was unable to capture anything. Alas, we are still without a standard camera, but I ordered a charger for our video camera so I'll be using that to take still shots as well for the foreseeable future.

Buggy has been a sweet. Bigtime. Nothing much new there. She continues to babble regularly, and one of her new games is identifying all of the moles she can find on me and saying, "mmmmooowl". She loves drinking juice with Rob and me and downing chunk after chunk of skin-on sweet potato (she can almost say this) with spinach. She's definitely not one to turn up her nose at vegetables. She confuses us with her standard response: "No." We have to read her other signs to determine the real answer. If the no means yes, it's usually accompanied by a giggle, or sometimes I can answer myself. A true no comes with a troubled tone and expression, often with fidgeting hands. I feel like she understands the word yes; she's used it in the past to convey an affirmative response, and when playing finding games like, "Where's ____", she will point to the object and say, "Yeaaaah" with such satisfaction that my heart melts into a little puddle. She'll get it one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment