Saturday, July 2, 2011

Swamped

It occurred to me this week that I am going to be utterly and completely bogged down for the duration of the summer. My cherished multiple-times-weekly pastime of posting on my blog will have to take a back seat to the wild and rip-roaring summer that is bubbling around me as I type. It is advantageous that I still haven't heard back from the folks regarding my teaching position at the local slammer; where did I think I was going to fit in that job? My criminal background check and child abuse clearances came through (whew.), so who knows? What I do know is that I needed a fourth job this summer like I needed to bleach my hair. The garden's already in danger of going to seed and Katrina and I have been working like serfs to whip the plot into shape and keep the rabbits and other vermin at bay. It's been terribly discouraging to witness the fruits of our labor chomped to nubs each time we go out there. Also, my running regimen has dwindled considerably in the last month. I'd been going strong in early June but having one more child in the house has taken up more of my time than I'd imagined, and I'm not keen on the idea of taking Olive out in the jogging stroller in the 90-something degree heat of the day. Sure, I could run the Baltimore marathon in October if I really wanted, but I'm not seeing how I'm going to be able to train properly for it until September at the earliest and thus I will wait until next year, I suppose.

Here's something way cool, though:

Rob was just offered a part as a stand-in for Batman in the newest movie that's going to be filmed here in Pittsburgh. He supposedly has the ideal height and build and no tattoos which make him a prime candidate. Unfortunately he had to turn it down because it requires availability on weekends and he just began part-time work at the aviary on Sundays and Mondays and his being there is critical. Still, we felt that it was a rad thing, indeed. If he weren't administering meds to sick birds, folks, you'd be seeing my dude in various shots all over the film. If it were me I'd have gone for it, but I do admire how committed he is to his work. Plus, I'd take Rob over Christian Bale any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment