Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Visit from Mimi and Pop Pop

This morning my parents dropped me off at work after a very quick but fun-filled overnight visit. They arrived in Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon and swung by the market to see where I work and meet a few of my cohorts. We then zipped up to the apartment to pick up Rob and Olive and headed across town to the Ryans' for a dinner of pizza, salad, and vegetables. Having all of the kids together is always a treat. Once Olive and Iris had had enough and needed to get to bed we left. Olive who didn't appear to remember her grandparents since last seeing them at Christmastime, was wary of the strangers who had burst into her house bearing suitcases and bedding, evidence of intent to stay, and clung fearfully to my neck and legs. She was more familiar with Tom and Sharon, Kellie's in-laws who've been visiting from Wisconsin and were present at Jack's birthday party. We put Goonie to bed then commenced game playing when we got home. Spades, Bananagrams, and Quiddler all made for an exceptionally fun night with my folks. Rob and I shared a bedroom with Olive for the first time in nearly two months, which was a success, since my parents were staying in our room.

I miss them already, but I'm planning a trip down to Maryland and Virginia in a few weeks' time so that makes it easier.

I don't know why there were no shots taken with my mother, but here's Buggy with her Pop Pop. What a guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment