Sunday, March 13, 2011

Deux Ans!

The absurdity of it hits me only when I type it: Rob and I have been together for less than twice the amount of time Olive has been here. Crazy, right? In actuality, however, this seems completely normal, and exactly how I'd wanted it to be. Two years ago today I finally got my head straight and broke free of the many years-long rut of insisting on being listless and miserable and allowed myself to be truly happy with the one person who has proved each and every day to be the perfect fit for me. He makes me laugh, is considerate, fair, never judges, makes me want to be a better person, challenges me, impresses me with his thirst for knowledge from the relevant to the mundane (i.e. the Color Me Badd where-are-they-now research that had him absolutely riveted for the last two days), is so dedicated to his internship work, loves my cats (even when I'm ready to toss them into the street for being rotten, foul monsters. Well, Wendell, not Ché), supports me in all of my endeavors, and is so wonderfully pleasant to be around. Rob, you are the most terrific husband, father, and friend. I am so incredibly fortunate to have you in my life. Thanks for waiting for me, Cramer.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Heather. I guess Rob is a keeper. You had me at Color Me Bad research...

    I actually remember purchasing a Color Me Bad cassette tape. And to top that off, I purchased a Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch cassette to go with. Good times!

    ReplyDelete