Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Favorite 34 Year-Old

Thirty-four years ago this morning at 2 am, Rob was born. According to his mother, Olive inherited his pleasant temperament (but not his looks, which I doubted at first. Then she showed me some of his baby pictures and she was right; hardly any resemblance). From what she says about his earliest years, he seems to have not changed all that much: he's patient, calm, diplomatic to a fault and happy without fail. I'm filled with pride as I watch him devote his energy to working with the gorillas at the zoo, proving himself to be (what I imagine to be) one of the most valuable interns they've ever had. He's been an inspiration to me as a parent to Olive; I love coming home from work to find the two of them sitting in bed with a book spread open before them, her happy as can be. I know she'll grow up appreciating what an incredible father she has. How on earth I landed such a catch I'll never know. I'll just be thankful.

Happy birthday, Rob!

No comments:

Post a Comment