Sunday, October 24, 2010

Busy Beaver

I haven't posted in a week and it's because I've been up to my ears in painting projects, one of which is due at the end of the week. It's a large-scale oil painting of an 'om' symbol that's going to be hung in a yoga studio. I'm stressed out. Oils are a mess and the fumes from the damar varnish and odorless turpentine are starting to seep into my brain. Buggy celebrated eight sweet months on Friday. She's pulling up on things but, as we have no furniture in our living room other than my chair and drafting table, I think her progress is impeded. She continues to not sleep that well. It's really my one complaint about our goon; in her eight months she has slept through the night twice. That's it. She's been waking more and more with ear-splitting crying in the wee hours, so I'm moving through life in a fog lately, while trying to work and complete paintings. All is great, though, sleeplessness and toxic materials aside.

More soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment