Sunday, August 12, 2012

My Neen


Today a remarkable girl turns thirteen.  For the past nearly two years I have been blessed with the opportunity to take care of this young lady (and her brothers, who are also pretty great).  Nina has instilled in me faith in the next generation with her intelligence, kind-heartedness, and work ethic, and sense of adventure (she just returned from a ten-day trip to Israel where she went to stay with a family she did not know) - traits that were not always very apparent to me in people her age.  She is devoted to her family, her church, her school, and to her future.  If Olive turns out half as mature, responsible, creative, and driven as she is by that age I will be exceedingly proud.  I'm so thankful that my daughter has an older girl to look up to.  Happy birthday, Sweet Neen!

No comments:

Post a Comment