Thursday, April 19, 2012

Silly Goon Stuff

Lately Olive's been a real nut. About a month ago she began what has become a daily chant: "Haddat, pease? You NEEEEEEED that!" (which translates to "May I have that, please? I need that!"). It's so silly that I can't help but laugh, and not I say it along with her just for fun. This afternoon, after she'd been put in her crib for a nap, I heard her shouting, "Headder! Need water...pease!" I did go in and bring her water, but after she let it seep onto her bedding and I took it away, I ignored her shouts for more. What's with the calling me by my first name, anyway? She's very good at communicating to others what she'd like them to say to her. For instance, she'll often greet people by saying, "I like 'a shoes," or "I like 'a dress." Perhaps it's time for us to start putting less emphasis on what she's wearing and complimenting her attire. Yesterday I was thinking aloud and looking forward to Olive being at the age when she could start going out for runs with me. Nina scoffed - "Girls don't run. Girls play princess and dress-up." Not that I'm going to forbid these things, but I like to think that Olive has a bit more of me in her than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment