Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thirty?

Yesterday I celebrated my 30th birthday. My birthdays have passed without much fanfare for the past nine or so years, which is okay by me, and this was no different, really. We decided to go out to a nice dinner, though, to Eden, a brand new restaurant in Shadyside that specializes in local raw vegan fare. The food was right up my alley: beet-carrot-cumber and apple-pear-ginger juices, a beet and apple salad with lemon, mint, and cinnamon, and our entrées, pad thai for Rob and kale and mushroom pizza for me, followed up by Rob's pumpkin pie and my bosc pear sorbet. The evening was warm so we dined outside on the sunken patio. Buggy was making quite a mess of the salad and juices she was sampling so we dispensed with her dress and she amused herself with her napkin as an accessory. She was unusually grumpy for much of the evening but I caught her on camera during her silly spells (there was no middle ground with her last night).






I ushered in 30 in the most pleasant of ways, eating delicious food with my two favorite people in the world (all of the runners up I spoke to on the telephone), then relaxed back at home with a bowl of popcorn and an episode of Boardwalk Empire with a sweet guy by my side and a sweet gal in her crib. I think this will be my best decade yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment