Sunday, November 14, 2010

My Budding Aviarian

Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of my amazing husband? No? Well, after a phone interview with the National Aviary on Thursday, he was offered a husbandry internship in their veterinary department. This will give him even more experience that will be handy when looking for a zookeeper job in the spring. And this is particularly cool given Rob's fascination with winged creatures. While driving, we sometimes have to stop the car to give closer attention to a bird he's spied; he keeps a "life list" of all the birds he's seen in the wild since the list was started some years ago; some of the first times we spent together were with him as my student learning how to draw better birds. Suffice it to say that I think he'll be a great fit for this position.
I'm very impressed with all that he's accomplished this year. At noon today, Buggy and I are going to watch him give a presentation at the zoo detailing his internship. His stint at there will end soon, much to my dismay; I've so loved our days of visiting him and the gorillas, and Roseann, the head gorilla keeper, has been a wonderful mentor to him (and a pretty cool lady, to boot), but hopefully a door will open for him there again once he's completed this next internship at the Aviary. Not only this, but we'll get to continue calling Pittsburgh our home, which makes me really happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment