Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cat at 9 Months

Not only has the Goon used the commode, but she has been known to utter the word, "cat", on more than one occasion. She'd been working on it for at least a week, her body tensing with excitement every time her eyes lit upon one of the cats or a cat in a storybook, and Rob and I would slowly enunciate the word as she'd intently listen. Soon she was making very distinct caasounds, then began to integrate the t. I've heard her say it twice now, and it's still an effort for her, but she's done it and she'll do it again. The Khorey kids were delighted when I told them this yesterday. I picked them up early from school to take them to the dentist, and on the way there Nina and Alex hovered around her saying "cat, cat, cat", while Noah searched his iPhone for images of cats to inspire her.

Yesterday was her 9th month and I marvel each day at how she grows. She's a very independent child, curious and content. Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I peeked into her crib where I found her sitting upright and very methodically fussing with her blankets and stuffed Grateful Dead bear (her bedtime buddy of choice this week). Her sleep still leaves so much to be desired. Oftentimes she'll nap only once a day, and will wake up three-four times in the night. Last night she played as nice as you please, but the moment the lights went out she became what is known around our house as a "Boo-hoo Buggy". So, rather than lay in bed and try to tune out her crying, I went to the living room to make the most of my awake time by working on one of the many painting projects I have going on.

Another noteworthy topic: hair. I fear that Olive's baldness is not long for this world, as little wisps have been sprouting rapidly in patches of her head. It's beginning to darken, too, so once it gets a little bit coarser she won't appear so blonde. Not that there's anything wrong with that.





No comments:

Post a Comment