Monday, September 14, 2009

Not alone...

Last night while working my second (4th?) job as hostess at the Pickled Herring, Anne, a friendly acquaintance - girlfriend of our friend, Rafi - congratulated me, then quietly leaned forward, telling me that she, too, was pregnant. I was very excited for her, as she seems so warm, and Rafi will make a wonderful father. I was so pleased to know that I have someone else in our tiny community who is joining me on this journey. We're having them over later this week.

I've also just started getting some books in the mail about birthing at home and avoiding the conventional methods using medications and technology. This stuff is all well and good, but not necessary when things are all in place - as I hope they will be - so we're preparing to do this more or less on our own.

And...we find out in ten days whether we're having a boy or a girl, at which point we'll start seriously considering names.

No comments:

Post a Comment