Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rob Cramer, Eater of Cats

We're entering into the phase of funny things toddlers say.  I knew it was coming, having a handful of nieces and a nephew whose innocently witty utterances occur on a regular basis.  I wasn't home to witness it this morning, but here is Rob's account:

This morning while I was looking at the crossword puzzle, Olive walked up to me and deposited something imaginary into my hand. Usually when she does this, it is an imaginary culinary delight that she whipped up in her kitchen (she has been experimenting with cabbage dishes lately) so naturally I popped the invisible gift into my mouth. She stopped and stared at me a little strangely and said, "Poppa just ate a little kitty." Oops!

That she didn't just play along with the charade was what got me laughing.  That thing she'd placed in his hand had been a kitty all along to her - why couldn't he see that?  Even she knows that in our house we don't eat little kitties.  Her father's behavior was perplexing, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That's hilarious! I usually assume the same thing when Iris hands me some imaginary object, and so I pretend to gobble it up. Occasionally, when I've gotten it wrong, she tells me, "No! You not eat dat!" I liked Olive's matter-of-fact reaction to Rob's offense.

    ReplyDelete