Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

For the first time in four years I attended church on Easter Sunday. When I lived in Maryland it had become my tradition to take my great-grandmother to church then maybe go out to lunch afterwards. Then I moved to Maine which curtailed our Easter outings. This morning I went for the first time to East Liberty Presbyterian Church with Katrina. It was a beautiful service with songs that I knew (and made me a little weepy at times remembering singing them with Gi-Gi when I'd go to church with her), and a welcoming, diverse congregation, and I'd like to start attending regularly on Wednesday evenings since I normally work on Sunday mornings.

This evening we went to dinner at the new home of Katrina, Shauna, and her husband, Cornelius. Libby and Tucker, friends of theirs I met at church this morning, were also there and we shared a delicious meal of salad that we brought, fruit salad from Libby and Tucker, mashed potatoes and deviled eggs Katrina made, and breakfast sausage and mushrooms by Shauna. Their three-story rowhouse is a dream - light, airy kitchen, lots of fireplaces, a decorative staircase, and large windows. I love that I have friends to visit who live in such a neat place!

Shauna and her sausagey labor of love



Katrina told us all the fill our mouths with food and smile for the camera. Looks like I was the only one who followed directions.



I love that foam wallpaper made to look like pressed tin that was used on ceilings in days gone by. My parents had the same kind of stuff in the sunroom in their old house. Nice touch, and nice color, too.


Me, Shauna, Libby, and Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment