Monday, February 14, 2011

3 Years Ago Today...


...I was introduced by Alice St. Clair to the most extraordinary man in the world. Finally, since he'd disappeared after I'd first seen him play George Bailey in a community theater production of It's a Wonderful Life and I'd had my I'm-going-to-marry-him-one-day psychic experience two months prior. Alice and I walked in to the Rose Garden where he was working and I thought, Of course! I don't know why I hadn't checked there before. Probably because I was living the life of a recluse at the time and usually didn't venture too far from my apartment if it wasn't necessary; I'd come in contact with some bona fide wierdos so I was playing it safe. Anyway, our first meeting was nothing short of magical. I ordered and he served me Red Rose black tea in a brown mug. I may or may not have gotten a refill. Nothing in the way of small talk - just our names, really, and those were delivered by Alice - but I knew that something monumental had been accomplished that evening, and it was easily the best Valentine's Day to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment