Thursday, October 15, 2009

Getting Bigger

Today I am 5 months pregnant (minus the two weeks). I feel like I'm really on the downhill now, even though I've just started to feel - and look - pregnant. It's now getting more difficult to bend over, and I'm constantly thankful that I wasn't hit with the obesity gene - that this is only temporary. I feel more full after I eat, since there seems to be less room in that area. My appetite is as healthy as ever, but feel more discomfort now after eating. Rob and I went to dinner at some friends' house last night, and I had a small bowl of soup, a small plate of steamed beet greens, two biscuits and, though I was too full for a piece of the apple-cranberry pie (great suggestion, Rob) that we'd brought with us, a slice of that. A little ways into our game of Spite and Malice (a wonderfully entertaining card game), Rafi and I each had a slice more apiece, which totally set me over the edge, along with the three or four cups of nettle tea I was drinking (along with the loose leaves that hadn't be strained. I threw up in a coughing fit once we got home and were brushing our teeth. Please note, however, that brushing one's teeth is a most opportune time to vomit - just try not to do it in the sink. Yuck).

So yeah, I'm feeling kind of funny these days. I'm not loving the bleeding gums one bit. I was a good flosser before, but now I'm doing it twice a day in an effort to strengthen my gums, but it's all in vain. All in all, though, I'm enjoying this quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment